Sunday, June 20, 2010

Carrot and Cilantro Soup


This is a nutritious soup which can be enjoyed all round the year. I was inspired by This to make my version of this delish!

You don't even have to think to make this. ( serves 2-3)

All you need is

1/2 red onion chopped
2-3 carrots, washed, peeled and cut into big chunks
1 small potao
lots of cilantro
water/ vegetable broth
 salt and pepper.

In a pan, add oil saute Onions till golden.add the carrot and potato and saute for 2- 3 mins. Add the cilantro, water, salt and pepper and pressure cook for 2- 3 whistles.

When cool, puree them either smooth or a bit chunkier .

Serve hot!

I cooked some baby star pasta and added the  soup and gave my 18 month old daughter who loved it too.

Thank You mriganayani!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Priya for trying the soup - love your version of adding the cilantro - I'll try it too some time! You have a nice space here with some very interesting recipes. Will be here often! I love the spaghetti with veggies balls too.

    Just a quick request - i think the link you have here to my site is not working - its funny because the link says that I don't have permission to access my blog! LOL! I'm not sure how this link came by - but can you please substitute this link there - http://www.mriganayani.com/2010/06/ginger-carrot-soup.html

    Hopefully this should work. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks For stopping by! Your comments are very valuable, so please leave your two cents!